Q 3. I am considering filing a direct design application in Japan. What information and documents do I have to prepare?
Please provide us with the following information (we may need extra information or documents depending on the case):
– information of creator(s) of the design (name and address);
– information of applicant(s) (name and address);
– whether you claim priority (if you claim priority, filing date and application number of the basic application are required);
– drawings (six-views (front view, rear view, top view, bottom view, left-side view, and right-side view), a perspective view, and a reference drawing showing an article in use);
– an article to which the design claim is directed;
– brief description of an intended use, a function, and a method of use of the article; and
– priority document or the DAS code (if you claim priority).